Saturday, February 23, 2013

9 Weeks

I thought this appointment was suppose to be any easy one...right?  Just a quick check up and then on my way home to share the great news with Cole.  Boy was I wrong!  The ultrasound tech was extremely quiet (which is normal) for several minutes.  Then, she said the doctor will be in shortly.  When she left the room my heart dropped.  I knew it was going to be bad news.  I quickly texted Cole and said, "Something is not right.  The doctor is coming in to talk to me right now."  Of course that was the wrong thing to text.  Cole instantly blew up my phone as I the doctor came into the room.  He looked at all the pictures and began to do the scan again himself.  Dr. K basically told me that there was fluid on the back of the baby's neck.  Now, I thought the more fluid the better... right?  Nope! He went on to tell me about what it could lead to and then everything went numb and I could no longer hear anything he said to me.  As he continued to talk, tears poured out and I remember asking what I did wrong and why is this happening.  The nurse offered to drive me home as I stepped off the table and I felt my body begin to stumble.  I felt like the nightmare was just beginning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment